Monday, December 17, 2007

Merry Christmas!

I know this time of year is so busy for everyone - but it can be so exciting too! My son is at an age where he knows what's going on and that he really needs to try to behave - but he is so out of his skin excited - I was talking to him about Christmas this afternoon when he got off the bus and he just started laughing - no reason - just belly laughs that he couldn't control... I loved it! It was so sweet. This will be our first Christmas break together and my first instinct was to think of everything that I wanted to fit in before he was home - but now I am so thrilled about all of the things we get to do together. I am going to let him shop for my husband a little and we are going to wrap some things and maybe go on a light hunt at night - we pick random neighborhoods and just look for decorated houses - go get some Starbucks hot chocolate... simple things. Any big activities are so expensive. Ice skating, bowling, movies... I'd rather take him shopping and pick some things out post-Christmas. It has definitely been fun this year getting presents for the past few months (for the first time, I actually shopped early and put away) and then taking it out recently and wrapping. I hope I can pass along the joy to Parker of actually loving what you're giving as much as you're getting. I must admit people's gratitude (or lack there of) really puts a damper on my spirit sometimes - I just hope I can look past it this year. Some folks are genuinely grateful for whatever thoughts you had of them, and others are very obvious when they don't like what you got them. Christmas is so not about that - and I'm not even talking about kids necessarily...


Spread the joy and enjoy yourself this holiday! Also Merry 1st Christmas to my little niece, Elizabeth!!

No comments: