Thursday, August 28, 2008

Back to school... back to reality


Luckily for me, my son really enjoys school. He loves to learn new things - which makes me so grateful because the beginning of school has always been a huge anxiety point for me. It's laden with new schedules, new classmates, new rooms and routines, a new teacher to get used to... just new. For most this is exciting and a fresh start - for me it's just different. After the first couple of days we'll have a whole new routine that will be the norm, I'm just kind of ready to get going.

The beginning of school also marks getting back to researching, writing, editing, promoting, and submitting. I'm ready because for the past few weeks I've been spinning my wheels with some ideas knowing I can really go full steam ahead starting next week. There are 3 different stories that have publishers interested - now the trick is to make it finalized. There are already a few upcoming events for the Rodney Ram book also and my favorite - school visits. Good luck for the new school year to anyone reading this entry!

Also - welcome to Lillian Grace! Since my last writing Brooke had her baby - Lilly's doing great and the whole family is so happy to have her here safe and sound...

No comments: