Monday, November 5, 2007

What a rush!


I did the bookfair at my son's school and I enjoyed it so much. I was thinking it may be a little slow at first because I really was like the plague to a lot of parents - yikes a saleperson! But then people started to talk to me about VCU, their basketball program, writing, all sorts of stuff and I loved it. I love the book so much anyway, it's easy to talk about. I wanted to make sure parents knew they wouldn't hurt my feelings if they didn't buy it - that was a tough one I don't want anyone to feel obligated. The librarians were so great about welcoming me and making such a big deal about the book and me. I go back tomorrow and sold today what I thought I would sell both days - so we'll see. I have a bunch of events coming up after this one - maybe another book fair and some signings and readings. I really enjoy anyone who shows interest in the book and wants to chat about it - them buying it is icing on the cake!
I'm trying out some illustrators for this new project where I submit with the illustrator - which is pretty unorthodox with submissions. This particular publisher likes to give fresh graduates a chance and their books are so beautifully done. I'm editing the manuscript now so I can have it exactly how I want it when I send it to the illustrator - it's between 6 illustrators right now, I have my favorite though. I just want to think about it for a couple more days.

No comments: