Thursday, October 25, 2007

Lot's Happening...


There are so many cool things going on with the book. A load of book fairs and a holiday bazaar, not to mention all VCU homegames - the book is going to be in the Narnia bookstore (such a cornerstone in children's literature in Richmond). A big development yesterday - we may be able to have an event at Barnes and Noble (which would be a national connection if it works out) - keep your fingers crossed - that would be huge! There is such a buzz around the book - it's great. We have gotten such great feedback already and I really can't wait to start getting some messages about kids reading the book. I've only heard from adults. The team working on promoting the book down at VCU has been doing such a good job with coming up with creative ways to make it move - I'm trying to concentrate on community things for right now.


My son - a whole other topic! He's such an original and does things his own way - for a control freak of a mom; not such a fun thing! He marches to his own beat, that's for sure. He loves all of the Rodney Ram stuff, but I don't think he really gets it. Hopefully when he sees Rodney at some events with the book it will all seem to make sense - he does refer to me as an author -which is so cute. When we went to the pumpkin patch with his class, he told me to write "author" on my pumpkin since I was the only one I would know which pumpkin was mine. :) He was very sweet with his friends there... there was a little boy who got lost in the hay maze and went back in to help him (twice). It's definitely more like fall around here

No comments: