Friday, July 11, 2008

We've Got Spirit!

So I feel like I'm going through a time machine. To those of you who have met me in adulthood, you may not realize that there is an orange and blue streak that runs through my veins. Those are my high school colors and I was voted "Most Spirited" in my senior superlatives for a reason! I was the co-captain of my cheering squad my senior year and [overly] involved - but I jump in feet first to whatever I do. Somehow I put off the spirited vibe, as closeted as I try to keep it, and was recently appointed to be the "Spiritwear Chairperson" for my son's school. The PTA board is a big deal there, so I don't want to disappoint and am cracking my self up with it! I am sitting on my bed right now surrounded by catalogs and budgets and notes... it's so fun but definitely a perfectionist's nightmare! I had to stop and laugh at myself because now I've gone from Lee-Davis colors to VCU colors to now everything I see is blue and green (his school colors) - it's a sickness! There will always be a cheerleader in me (not the crazy bouncy kind that needs to be bubbly all the time) who gets wrapped up in the camaraderie that comes along with a common thing to cheer for. Even something as small as wearing the same color at the same time for a common theme shows such camaraderie. Go Dolphins!

No comments: