Tuesday, October 16, 2007

And We're Off!

The book launched today! It all seems a little surreal still, but it was very exciting. My mom and Chip both went with me - my mom was my PR agent as usual... she can't help herself! Coach Grant was such a great guy - so humble and soft spoken but his words definitely pack a punch with the kids. They were a little awe struck with him - so was I :). The promotions group from the Sports Center did such a great job with this - it was so well put together and went off without a hitch. The children really seemed to enjoy the book and grasped what was going on. It is always cool to see kids getting into the book and talking about the characters. They asked if I could come back and do some workshops with the kids on writing - I would love that. Kids' minds are so creative and flow so naturally - it should be fun. Chip was so great today - he did so much for me to make me feel like it was the big day that I forget sometimes. I really look forward to promoting this book and hope everyone enjoys it as much as I have.

No comments: