Saturday, October 20, 2007

What a week!

This week has been a little crazy and I'm really glad to settle into the swing of things. It's a little nuts to think of people emailing me asking me to sign a copy of the book for them or talking to bookstore owners with them telling me how many books they want in their store. It's what I definitely hoped for and continue to hope for. The best compliment I get is when a child tells me that they enjoyed the book - so far it's been my son, nieces, and nephews - but hopefully that will increase! I went back to the Franklin Covey system of organizing my life - I used it when I worked and it was awesome - I highly recommend it to anyone who is pulled in different directions. Now that I would consider myself really freelance (2 more stories in the works from magazines), I don't want to let any contacts or notes slip through the cracks - my system of multiple sticky notes and a notepad weren't cutting it. I love the planner and really missed it! I was living off of my calendar in the kitchen for family things (my son's activities, school activities, my husband's travel schedule and family obligations) and then sticky notes for everything else. This past week was very much sticky notes galore! I finally (tonight) cleaned all of that up and rewrote things into my organizer and cleaned out some cabinets by the computer and some files from manuscripts and ideas past. I am really starting to feel like things are going to happen - now all I have to do is make sure they do :)

No comments: